'My travel and work abroad experience was in San Diego, I lived in Pacific beach but traveled a bit also. Ocean beach is one of the hippy-ist places you can go. Must see! I wish I could move back to San Diego.
I worked in a smoothie and juice bar called the mad beet, look it up! They name all there stuff after singers eg the Wiz kalelafa, Katie berry, Lemionem, etc.
I enjoyed living and working in America so much that I extended my flights. The weather, the people, bonfires, snorkeling, boat trips and living with a gang of people. Such a great experience and I met so many people (not just Irish or American) I miss the place I worked and living with everyone. I’m delighted that I'm still in touch with them all 2 years on.
I think everyone should experience America at least once. Just book it and go, it's something you would regret not doing.'
"Hi my name is Kristin.
I went on a J1 last summer to San Francisco. I lived in Berkeley for most of the summer and loved the area! I worked in a travel agency in the city where I made some amazing friends. I loved every second of my summer spent on the west coast and couldn't recommend it highly enough for a J1. It is hard to explain the experience and is without doubt something you need to explore for yourself!"
The international origin of our clients has always been one of the main features and strengths of our Company.
During 2015 we noted an increase in the number of people we welcomed in our cities.
When we analyzed the records to better understand the figures, we observed a data that surprised us: in 2015 we welcomed people from over 50 countries all around the world!
That’s great news for us! We have always worked with international clients, but this year we have been more international than ever!
Here’s the infographic we prepared to show all our numbers!
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, highly organised, resilient and loves working with people. This position is similar to running your own small business as you will be responsible for many aspects of the branch management.
EazyCity is a local point of reference to welcome people arriving to a new city; our friendly and professional team provide a comprehensive range of flexible solutions for accommodation, employment services, study and social activities.
Founded in 2004 by Enrico Zoppi & Julia Lynes, EazyCity now has welcome branches in Cork, Dublin & London with further international developments in 2016.
At EazyCity our team works as a family! We fully support the development of our team members offering educational & training courses to improve skills as well as ongoing in-house training to ensure our team are the best they can be. We support & respect each other and we all work hard to ensure EazyCity is a great environment to work in.
The tasks included in this position are as follows:
- Working as leader of the Welcome team
- Working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Organising the weekly tasks for the team including staff rotas, client check-ins/check-outs, welcome packs and weekly plans
- Working side by side with the Assistant Manager
- Reporting directly to Operations Co-Ordinator and senior management team
- Liaising with Sales Manager re weekly sales
- Keeping important files relating to room availability and arrivals, rent and cashflow updated regularly with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Liaising with Property Co-Ordinator in relation to tasks including inspections, reports, tracking utility bills and organising maintenance issues
- Submitting weekly reports to Operations Co-Ordinator regarding the performance of the branch
- Meeting and greeting new clients and performing check in / out (often during the evenings and weekends)
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Taking rent payments (cash / credit card)
- Dealing with customer issues/complaints
- Liaising with management and other branch teams
- Assisting in organisation of events, parties and social activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits and skills:
- Highly driven and motivated with mountains of energy.
- Super-organised with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and work in a very fast paced environment under pressure.
- Has an understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service and a warm, friendly environment for new clients
- An excellent communicator with 1-2 years team management experience
- ‘Can-do’ attitude with a focus always on the solution never on the problem
- Flexible, committed and passionate – we expect all our team members to be fully committed to their work and to always go the extra mile for the customer even if that means working late in the evening or on weekends or last-minute changes to the work schedule – that is the nature of our business
- Fluent English along with another language which should be either Italian, French, Spanish or Portuguese
- Additional languages are an advantage
- Full clean driving licence
The general working hours of this position are 5 days per week from 9.00 – 18.00. The office closes at 7pm on Tuesday and Thursday.
As the branch manager of a very busy branch full commitment and flexibility will be expected and if necessary extra hours may be required. The ideal candidate will instinctively know when it’s necessary for them to work extra hours as the branch should be treated like it is your own business. At EazyCity our customers are our prime focus and they always come first!
Salary is negotiable depending on experience, motivation and leadership potential. A package including accommodation can also be considered for the initial period. Benefits include management training workshops & team-building activities, sales incentives, health insurance after a period of time with the company and more.
This position is open for an immediate start so if you think you have what it takes to take up this exciting and demanding role, contact us today!
The closing date for applications is the 4th of March 2016.
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
From May 2016, travelling from Cork to Barcelona will be easier throughout the year: the Scandinavian company Norwegian Airline will link Barcelona and Cork from May 2016. The flights will have an expected frequency from four to five weekly rotations. Cork airport will be the second Irish airport from which the airline will offer their services.
At the moment, different airline companies are providing flights from Cork to Barcelona, but during the autumn and winter it is difficult to find a cheap flight, and sometimes even just a flight.
In addition to this route, the company will also offer weekly flights between Cork and Boston from the spring of this year 2016 and routes to New York planned for 2017.
The new routes between Cork and North America will be operated with Boeing 737-800 and with the Boeing Dreamliner as 737Max.People from Cork have some flights for going to Barcelona but there are few and expensive between autumn and spring. With this airline company people will have more opportunities to go to Barcelona and it will be cheaper and easier.
This is a great opportunity for motivated people who want to be part of a dynamic young company which is currently expanding operations in Ireland, the UK and New York!
The ideal candidate should be friendly, mature, imaginative, flexible and a problem-solver. Creativity, writing and content-creating skills are an added advantage. The suitable candidate should also have a good knowledge and confidence about the world of social media and blogging. Good communication and selling skills would also be beneficial for this role.
It is important for the candidate to be a quick-thinker who is able to take initiative and propose new ideas.
Duties will include:
- Blogging: The daily tasks will include posting new articles, creating interesting and original content, finding people to interview
- Social media marketing development: administration of several groups and page
- Translating documents and articles from native language into English and vice versa
- Helping to organise social events, designing posters, banners, flyers…
- Web promotion and selling (ads, services, products…)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with graphic-design and photo/video-editing software (such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, iMovie…) will be a significant advantage.
- An Intermediate level of English as well as fluency in French is required.
Additional languages would be an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills, familiarity with WordPress and understanding of SEO
- Passion and curiosity for the digital and the social media marketing
- Willingness to learn
This is an unpaid internship position from January 2016 for a period of 4 - 6 months.
Shared room accommodation will be provided and paid for by the Company for the duration of the internship.
Candidates must be available to start not later than 5th of January and will be required to work generally from Monday to Friday, 09.30 – 17.30.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Win a week for 2 people in London, Dublin or Cork!
Recall the best Christmas memories of your life: guess the present and tag a friend to help Pixel Santa with his list. For whom is this present from your childhood?
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 and over, both to EazyCity clients and non EazyCity clients.
- Entrants shall be deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions.
- Employees of EazyCity and/or their families are not eligible to enter
- To enter the competition, the entrant should write a comment below the picture, trying to guess the Christmas present that is broken up in pixel. Additionally, the entrant has to tag a friend.
- Correct answers with no tag will not be considered valid entries.
- EazyCity will consider valid all the entries on EazyCity Facebook page and EazyCity Instagram profile.
- The competition will run from the 01.12.2015 to the 28.12.2015. All comments submitted after that date will not be taken into consideration.
- The winner will be announced on our social media pages on the 29th of December 2015.
- The winner of the competition will be picked at random by EazyCity from all of the entrants who entered one correct answer. The decision of EazyCity is final.
- The prize of the competition is 1 Week EazyCity Flatshare Accommodation for Two People in a twin or double room. The prize must be redeemed before the 31st of December 2016.
- The winner can decide the destination between Cork, Dublin and London.
- Any expenses for the travelling are not included in the prize.
- Accommodation is subject to availability and 4 weeks advance notice of redeeming the prize is required.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged wholly or in part for their monetary value.
Apple has announced that it will create 1,000 new jobs in its European headquarters in Cork City. The announcement was made by the CEO Tim Cook when arrived in Ireland on 11th November. The goal is to expand its Apple base in Hollyhill, Co. Cork. In this moment Apple employs 4,000 staff at its European headquarters. The jobs cross a range of functions as manufacturing, customer care and support, distribution and sales. This news shows as Ireland has to offer a huge quality of infrastructure and the business environment where the big companies can expand its business.
Pivotal, an American Digital transformation player and brand shaper company, will create a 130 new jobs and invest €100m in Cork and Dublin in the next few years. It wants to expand its presence in Ireland and provide a technology development culture in Ireland’s largest enterprises. These jobs will be created for full-time software engineering, technical support and operational and general administrative roles. After IBM this news shows us once again how the Ireland’s economy is booming above all in the technology industry.
Cork, an expanding city, is going to develop the artisan food industry thanks to the new government company SECAD programme. SECAD (South and East Cork Area Development) is a partnership company founded by the government that works in collaboration with local authorities, trade unions, farming and environmental sector whose rule is rolling out programmes as The Rural Development Programme, The Local Community Development Programme, the Rural Transport Programme, etc.
This programme is for a five-year strategy to provide support for the growing food sector in the South and East Cork Area. In Cork there are than 100 active food processors ranging from start-ups to micro-enterprises. The goals are creating more jobs, promoting and developing the sector sustainably thanks of research and investment to establish a strong food economy network. So if you are interested about the artisan food industry and believe in it booming Cork may be the city for you.